Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Good afternoon, blogland.

Ok, so Laura can't have all the single well written fun!

I guess it only takes about 20 people telling me, ‘erica, you should have your own TV show/write a book/start a blog, your life is so amusing!’ and then I'll listen.
Glad I can be a source of amusement to you all! So I guess I'll just jump right in and tell you about my last night.

I spent last weekend at the last Phish show ever in coventry, VT. I embarked upon this trip unexpectedly, after answering an ad on craigslist for a travelling companion. Thursday I wrote this dude a GREAT essay all about how I should be his company for the traffic and ride to the phish phestival. I didn't hear back thursday night or friday morning, so I assumed he'd found someone else. NOT SO! I found out at 6:00 pm that i was invited, and decided to say WHAT THE HELL (that's a common theme in my life, actually) and go. I packed my camping stuff and took off.

It actually went very well. He was a swell guy - decent looking, super intelligent, the sarcastic sense of humor I love so much... We were lucky the whole way – catching the supermarket moments before it closed, winding up in the least of all of the traffic.

On Sunday, after finally getting some sleep I decided it was time to commence to drinking. There was a vendor on shakedown street selling ‘strong island iced teas’ – 5 dixie cups full of bottom shelf booze, a splash of sour and a splash of coke. I think I had 4 or 5. Then, while walking around a very cute and nice boy approached me asking if I’d like to buy a bottle of parrot bay rum. It was the smaller bottle, and the price was reasonable (for the venue) so I snapped it up. Then drank most of it.

Holy shit, was I ever hammered. My companion and I met up with my friend, Mr. Livemusicfreak, who was also at the show and went in for the concert. While I was dancing around on a tarp out of my gourd drunken, a cute little hippie chick came up to me and pretty much fed me a xanax. “here,” she said – “you look so happy and like you’re having so much fun, I want you to have this.” I’d swallowed it already before I remembered how much booze I had in my system. Then we walked up to the portapotties together and she kissed me. Oh yeah, and informed me she was only 18. Go me! I lost her in the crowd shortly thereafter, but she was hella cute and made my night.

Alls well that ends well, except, I lost my purse somewhere. So I thought. Turns out tho, I had only left it at Mr. LiveMusicFreak’s campsite, but since we’d already left before I figured it out, and they were stuck in traffic at the venue until 6 hours after my newfound friend and I got home, I didn’t have keys/wallet/cellphone. They aren’t due into boston until almost 2am, so I figure I’ll meet up with him the next day and just find somewhere to crash for the night.
I popped into my office to shower off 10 lbs of cow pasture mud, and finally found a place to crash. After the best sleep of my life and a wakeup spanksession (more to come on this), I meandered into work, only to find NEW HELL for my day.

Way back in the day, before NoFan (my exboyfriend whom I dated for almost 4 years) I had placed a personals ad on http://www.nerve.com. I’d answered all of the questions truthfully and promptly forgotten about it. Last week, a potential date had shown me his profile and I noticed I had one up also. I logged in to check my messages (I had none, even after 4 years!) and thought nothing more of it.

Well, apparently nerve, the onion, and a few other personals sites share their databases. In my case with that of our local paper - Where everyone in my office has their ie homepage set. Somehow I’ve been chosen as the ‘featured personal’ and my picture is on the front page of the website.

I walked into the office (late, like usual) and my receptionist says ‘erica, nice picture on boston.com!’ I assumed it was from the concert or something, and ran to my office to check it out. Imagine my embarrassment. Well, at least now my office knows all about my sexual orientation, toy proclivity and redhead fetish.

Of course, the Widower also saw the featured personal. Even tho we had recently officially declared each other free agents and not been speaking for a while, he’d seen my photo and would be in town for the evening, could I possibly meet him for dinner and…

To tell you the truth I would have LOVED to, however, I already had plans to meet Mr. LiveMusicFreak for my keys and a romp. I told him to try giving me a call but I wasn’t hopefull.

I get to Mr. LiveMusicFreak’s apartment and he pretty much tosses me on the bed and says ‘do you mind if I ravage you? I’m really horny. Oh, and I’m not going to be able to stay with you tonight, I need to do some stuff around the house.” Cool I say, and we get down to it. I’m not sure if I was superhorny, or if I’d forgotten his proficiency, but he had me off in RECORD time and feeling great about it! We went out for dinner.

The battery on my cell phone was dead, so imagine my surprise when I check my voicemail to hear the widower saying “hey kitten, I’m almost at your apartment, give me a call, I’d love to see you.” Next thing I know, I’ve warned Mr. LiveMusicFreak that there’s an incoming boy, and we’re meeting him out for a beer.

The boys actually hit it off pretty well, and it was very amusing for me to watch them do the manly thing. Not too much posturing. And in the back of their minds, I think they both knew what was going on!

It was very funny when the widower ran to the restroom for a moment and Mr. LMF said to me, 'erica, it's pretty wierd to be bonding with one of your boyfriends!'. Welcome to my world, boy. Welcome to my world.

The widower and I headed home. While he parked the car, I washed up as quickly and efficiently as I could. Man, I certainly don’t enjoy giving someone sloppy seconds, or even seconds at all, but I saw no alternative!
We had some mediocre sex, and then my favorite – naked talk. We spent about an hour and a half, naked bodies entwined, chitchatting. It was very good. Makes me miss him somewhat.

Came into work today to an email from him telling me he’d been missing me and hadn’t realized how much until he saw me again. And a request for plans for the weekend.

I’m planning on it.

SO now it’s off to the gym, and to head home to settle and clean. I’m keeping my fingers crossed ascotw feels like stopping by drunk after karaoke. Keep your fingers crossed for me, ok?
More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home