Friday, February 11, 2005

And the point is???

Background.

Shortly after the fire I managed to hook up with The Fireman. He swore up and down he was looking for a relationship, yet seemed to like all the kinky fun things that I do. He had been married to a stripper, and they had swung and had an open relationship, but she cheated on him anyway.

For about a week, I thought this might be the direction in which I should move. He was charming and funny, and kinky and open. Phone conversations just flowed naturally and it was commonplace to look up after speaking with him on the phone to realize we’d been at it for an hour or two, which sped by just like minutes.

Fast forward to the day when we are actually meeting. I’m trepidatious, and anxious not to rush into sex, although it’s obviously something we both dig hardcore. I repeatedly mention that rushing into sex isn’t really what I want to do, but somehow we find ourselves back in my bed, naked and writhing. It was good, but not great. I felt strange and oddly uncomfortable, as I didn’t really want to rush into that, but there we were.

And that was it. The last I heard from him. No calls, no emails, no text messages. I decided to just let it go. Then today, we have this conversation on instant messenger.

[09:45] thefireman: hey you [Offline Message (Thu Feb 10 23:10:45 2005)]
[09:45] ericalooking: hi
[09:45] thefireman: hey
[09:45] thefireman: how ya doing?
[09:45] ericalooking: sick as a dog, how are you?
[09:46] thefireman: imgood
[09:46] thefireman: you home or working?
[09:46] ericalooking: working. Stayed home yesterday
[09:46] thefireman: ahh
[09:46] thefireman: hope you feel better
[09:46] ericalooking: thanks
[09:46] ericalooking: me too
[09:47] thefireman: just wanted to say hi and see hoe you are
[09:47] ericalooking: thanks.
[09:49] thefireman: i hope your not still mad at me , its just bad timing
[09:50] ericalooking: hrm.
[09:52] thefireman: dont be mad
[09:53] ericalooking: im not mad, more disappointed.
[09:53] ericalooking: just imagine how it looked to me.
[09:54] ericalooking: its ok tho, i've determined im just destined to be the bar slut and die alone, but having fucked most of the eastern seaboard.
[09:54] ericalooking: :)
[09:54] thefireman: ahh
[09:54] thefireman: well its not what i intended, i realy do like you but its just bad timing
[09:55] ericalooking: such bad timing you couldnt even call or msg for nearly a month?
[09:55] thefireman: and you give great head
[09:55] ericalooking: hahahah
[09:55] ericalooking: the best, from what i hear/
[09:56] thefireman: i had to stay away for fear that i couldntsay no
[09:56] ericalooking: that is one of the lamest things ive ever heard
[09:57] thefireman: :D
[09:57] ericalooking: dont bullshit a bullshitter.
[09:57] thefireman: lol
[09:57] thefireman: well i have to get going
[09:58] thefireman: sorry about every thing
[09:59] ericalooking: thanks.
[09:59] ericalooking: good luck.
[09:59] *** "thefireman" signed off at Fri Feb 11 09:59:24 2005.


Can someone please tell me what the point of that little exchange was? Also appreciated would be outside opinions of how I responded and treated him. I thought I was not rude, but also not letting him think he had a snowballs chance in hell of seeing me again… I’m kind of proud of myself. I think I told him his behavior was inappropriate, but nicely. I guess I save all my doormat walk the fuck all over me and I’ll still ask for more tendencies for the widower.

Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Some Woman said...

I must say it appears he thought he was going to get a booty call and was feeling it out to see if you were stupid enough to do it. You actually responded more positively than I would have. I'm not very nice to stupid people.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home