Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

So here’s the deal.

I think it’s time for me to bid you all adieu.

I’ve spent about a year (on and off) sharing the most intimate details of my sex life with strangers. It’s been great getting honest feedback about my writing, my potential psychosis, and stirring the pot, challenging people to think about a sex positive active female as something other than a slut.

Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t.

My personal revolution is nearing its end. I’m tired of dishing details.

And, as a parting, final note –

I think I’ve found my hearts and stars. I’m dating a wonderful man who is so like me in so many ways. He makes me swoon. We’re inseparable. And since the first moment we met, both of us have been absolutely astounded at how different, and how much better this relationship is than anything that has ever come before. We have to assure eachother every day – “maybe this IS just how it is supposed to be.”

Last night we had a great talk. While we cuddled on the couch, he brought up the fact that the night before, I had haphazardly thrown into conversation an explicit detail about my past sexual exploits. It bothered him.

He says that the past is the past, and although your past affects who you are today and how you got here, there is nothing to be gained by dishing secrets. He also feels that what goes on in the bedroom between two people should stay there.

Out of respect for the man I am well on my way to falling in love with, I’m taking the details down. I think it’s healthy and right. Archives will be gone as soon as i technically figure out how to do that.

Thanks for reading, guys.

~e
ericalooking@gmail.com

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, seriously.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say. I feel somewhat like a lover denied. I looked forward to seeing the world, and your world, from your point of view. You will be missed.

Good luck. You may have found the one thing we all strive to find.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erica - While I am sorry I missed my chance to meet you, I am happy that you are content. I will remember the talk on the phone and the things that could have been.

I'll miss your updates and the seemingly endless adventures (sexual and non-sexual) of your life.

Be well, live strong, have fun.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is it that part of me wants this relationship to fail so that you can start posting again?

but in all seriousness, best of luck to you. i hope that you continue in your happiness and you can build something solid with this guy.

btw, how does he feel about you helping me lose my lesbian virginity? i thought you were supposed to help out with that? hunh? hunh?????
- laura

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So then take the damned site down, already!!!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be back!

Something will go wrong. And you will be blabbing about some other cock you are licking.

-J

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete--

Give it up!

She won't fuck you. You don't wish her luck, you want to fuck her.

Go beat off!

-J

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you have the very best of my wishes Missy. You are a beautiful human being... Hearts and stars and fluttering soul, you deserve it all my friend.

Now stop being a stranger...

Your martini is getting warm :).

6:12 PM  
Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

living vicariously through bloggers is all-too easy and predictable. But sometimes, it's time to let go--and get on with the real world...

go enjoy your life...best of luck..


my 2 cents!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

SIMC; we hardly knew ye...

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I'm starting to think she's serious.

Dec. 19, 2005

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home