Friday, March 25, 2005

Fired.

So, Tuesday morning I was fired.

I had stayed up way to late playing with some friends, and slept through my alarm. When my eyes bolted open at 9:15 (I was supposed to be in the office at 8:30 and have been spoken to before (and had an emailed me warning).

They have done nothing but good things for me, and should have fired me long before they did.

I have fucked up.. Royally.

Now I have about a half a month to scramble and find something new or I'm royally fucked.

Joy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of job are you looking for, Erica? Perhaps your loyal readers can help you get back on your feet...

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what? You admit that you're wrong and that takes A LOT. You obviously have learned from your mistakes.

Apply for unemployment insurance--it's INSURANCE, not charity, and that's what it's there for. Also consider temping, as it can often lead to a full time gig, and depending on your field can pay pretty well, although usually with no benes. And speaking of that, if you already didn't, find out if they dropped your insurance, and if not, long you are covered. AVOID COBRA, if possible because it's usually kick ass expensive, but there are interim policies with high deductables that are reasonable.

You get through this, it sucks, but you really will.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

babydoll - hang in there....

count this as a 'life lesson.' count it as a change for the better in your life. good luck finding something new!
- laura

9:10 AM  
Blogger erica looking said...

Hey kids -

Sorry for not responding - I do IT stuff- network admin, desktop support kinda stuff.

If you know of (dreamjob specs here) a medium business (25-40 people) looking for a network admin/genera IT guru, let me know.

Thanks for your concern.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home