Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Heartbreak day - Motorcycle Boy

Today my heart is breaking.

In a time long ago and far away, I met my soulmate. I hadn’t been living in Boston all that long, and it was a beautiful April day. I signed onto irc as I often did. I had met the guy I still consider my best friend (GH) online a few months before.

Motorcycle boy was online that day. He was flipping sarcastic comments left and right the way I love. Somehow it came up that I’d never been on a motorcycle, and suddenly we were making plans to get together for later that day.

“there’s a slight problem,” his message to me read. “My spare bike helmet is in the trunk of my girlfriends car, and she’s in Pennsylvania for the weekend. GH has a spare at his house, but we need to get out there to pick it up, first.”

“That’s ok,” I countered. “I actually have a horseback riding helmet I suppose I could wear over to GH’s to make the switch, just don’t crash and kill me!” I said, thinking ‘damn, he said girlfriend, didn’t he? Oh well, good. Guess I don’t have to worry about getting all pretty and making the bed’

Actually, and this is almost too embarrassing to write – but I was having my first ever toilet problem. This was the first apartment I had lived in on my own, and after I made plans with Motorcycle boy for the afternoon, my toilet completely stopped up. With, Um, a deposit floating in it. A very foul deposit.

‘Well, No time for that now,’ I thought, and finished getting ready. When he pulled up outside my door I ran out front to meet him, wanting to shield him from the ‘out of order’ bathroom.

I got on the back of his bike, and after the quick lesson ‘just be a backpack. Don’t lean, don’t look, just stick to my back’ we were off. Soon enough he felt comfortable with my skills as a passenger, and asked me at a stoplight of he could go fast. I should have seen the glint in his eye. Next thing I know we were on the highway, going faster than I ever had before. It was absolutely exhilarating. I asked him later how fast we were going, and he told me we had hit 110.

We met up with our mutual friend GH, smoked a doobie, and then went for another ride. I was having an absolutely GREAT time.. and in the time we were hanging out, the guys he was supposed to be meeting later that night called to cancel his plans.

When we got back to my place, I stepped off the back of the bike, knees shaking and eyes glimmering.

“That,” I said, “was better than sex!”

“Well,” he said with a twinkle in his eye, “If you think so you’re doing something wrong, but I do admit it’s a close second!”

Still planning on innocence, I invited him inside, completely forgetting about the ‘bathroom situation.’ I’m reminded soon enough tho, as I head to pee.

“Crap,” I say, quite literally speaking. “This is hella embarrassing, but I have to go buy a plunger!” We pile into my truck and drive to home depot. The whole way we’re cracking jokes and having a great time. We return to my apartment, and he heads to sit in the livingroom while I try to plunge the toilet. I’ve never done it before, and I can’t make it work.

After about 15 minutes, I come out of the bathroom, all flustered. I tell him I need to call a plumber or something, and he says he’ll go take a look. I don’t want him in there looking at my shit, so I fight him for a while.

Finally, he sits me down, stares me in the face, and says, “Erica – I was in jail for a year. I’m a thug. I’m sure I’ve seen more foul things than your shitty toilet.” He immediately fixed the problem, and I got over my embarrassment.

Later, we’re drinking margaritas and smoking a joint. “Ever had a shotgun?” he asked, leaning into me.

“Sure, but I’ll take another one!” I said, looking into his deep brown eyes.

When our lips met, it was like every single synapse fired and each neuron on my body jumped, full of electricity.

He felt it too, I could tell by the look in his eyes. There was pretty much NO denying the connection we were building, and soon enough we gave in. It was by far the best sex I’ve ever had.

But there was still the matter of the girlfriend.

…to be continued…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home