Tuesday, January 03, 2006

hi.

Only in my world.

It sucks soooo bad when you want something SOOOOO much that you see what you want to see.

Turns out he’s not really the hearts and stars, and everything I ever wanted, he’s actually a con-artist and a pathological liar. And I fell for it.

I signed a lease. I ran all my credit cards up to the max. All the utilities are in my name. They are approximately 2000 behind.

I loved him. I gave him everything. I cooked, I cleaned, I babied. I coddled, I tolerated. I overlooked.

I wore blinders.

Over the last two weeks I’ve caught him lying to me MAJORLY two times – once regarding the status of the rent on our house being paid, and once regarding where he’d been all night when he called at 9:15 and said he was on his way home and then didn’t pick up his phone or call until nearly 1:30 am.

He said he was arrested and his parents bailed him out. I spoke with his parents. They had no idea what I was talking about.

He changed his story and said it was his ex-girlfriend’s brother, but he didn’t have bail paperwork to show me.

Then last week I snooped.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Found:
1. Bail paperwork, for exactly the offense and the story he told me for last week – but dated 2003.
2. dossier from his lawyer for said case, detailing how he wasn’t possibly driving the car that night as he was actually in the process of being committed for suicidal thoughts and bipolar disorder. History also showed being committed for the same thing 2 times previously.
3. a marriage license dated 2001 for someone he claimed he’d just “co-signed a loan for”
4. As far as I can tell unfiled divorce paperwork for that same woman


I’m going to pull a sneak maneuver. I’m going to move out during the middle of the day while he’s at work. I’m going to bail on the lease, hoping his father, who cosigned with us will pick up the slack.

My only question is –
Do I confront him with it and just get more lies?
Do I stage an intervention? Including his family?

I honestly believe he is sick and needs medication. I also honestly know I can’t change him.

One month left to pretend I don’t know all that aweful shit.

Here I go.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I never did delete your blog since you left.. and now you are back. I am really sorry this all happened and it must be horrible... I can't even imagine. My thoughts would be to have an intervention and get his family involved.. and then just get out. Hope you have a nice year.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweeet. First time reading, very dark and suspenseful stuff. talk to his Dad and tell him the situation. If he is any kind of man he'll step up...

12:39 AM  
Blogger lola h. said...

awwwwww, my poor erica! i'm sorry that this happened ... it's funny how you're considered a bitch if you ask your date if he's ever been baker-acted...

if you have a good relationship with his parents, definitely talk to them (if you feel you can trust them). should you get a place of your own, DO NOT ... i repeat, DO NOT!! ... tell a soul where you are going. not even his parents. if you can't trust his parents, then do the sneak-out move. again, don't get a phone in your name or anything.

normally i'd say confront him and talk to him about leaving, but from what you wrote i suspect he's a few fries short of a happy meal.

keep us posted.

btw, he doesn't read this blog, does he?

3:20 PM  
Blogger erica looking said...

Yes, that he is. As far as I know he dosen't know about this blog. He won't step up - the only kind of man he is is a sick one, who needs help.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of for Christ's sake, this isn't brain surgery! Move out on this loser and leave him to whatever fate befalls him. *He is not your problem.*

Look, E., I'm a long-time reader of the blog and I think you're charming, but this is just stupid. You repeatedly find yourself in this situations, and you know what-- the common denominator is YOU. Leave this whacko at the curb, quit tolerating losers for any amount of time, and you'll be amazed how sensible your life becomes.

PS. Awesome to see that you're back. Keep posting.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! I am not sure the best way to deal with an indivdual who is bipolar but becareful. good luck

3:00 PM  
Blogger Just Dawn said...

Wow....your life sounds like my life...

Men suck, just face that reality, find yourself and who you want to be, go for it...and never look back. You can't fix people, but you can fix yourself. I love reading your blog, you have great insights and a talent for writing. Once you've gotten to that place, you'll find someone who will love you as you deserve to be loved. Good luck.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Just Dawn said...

Wow....your life sounds like my life...

Men suck, just face that reality, find yourself and who you want to be, go for it...and never look back. You can't fix people, but you can fix yourself. I love reading your blog, you have great insights and a talent for writing. Once you've gotten to that place, you'll find someone who will love you as you deserve to be loved. Good luck.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DawnCandy:
If your life sounds like Erica's -- wadr: you shouldn't be giving advice on relationships :)

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home