Tuesday, November 02, 2004

birthday doldrums

I’m just not sure whats wrong with me, folks.

For about the 30th time in the last week one of my acquaintances has mentioned that I seem one of the following

Bitter
Upset
Tired
Exhausted
Sad
Not myself

I don’t like this very much. I don’t so much like for people to be able to call my moods (especially bad ones) like that. I hate making people worry or letting people see that things may not be quite as OK as I want them to believe they are.

I get really antsy around my birthday. I know its just a holiday, and doesn’t mean anything more than any other day, but for me it means another year has passed and I start thinking about where I am in relation to where I want to be. They never seem to be the same place.

And then, multiple times, people who had made plans with me somehow bailed on me. I understand other things come up, but it just seemed like an abnormally large amount of things kept ‘coming up’ and I always got the short end of the stick.

The widower cancelled on taking me out to birthday dinner. Via voicemail. And then, didn’t even phone for my birthday. Actually, not many people did.

I feel like eeyore. I wonder if I should start taking prozac (again?).


But, I really hate being the self-absorbed depressed blogger, so um, let’s get back to sex!

Oh wait, I haven’t really had any!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pluto55 says,

Happy Birthday! (belatedly apparently)

Hey, so maybe I, random internet boy, don't count much. But can't blame a guy for trying ;-)

Don't be eeyore btw. I've tried it. Winnie the Pooh get's all the honey you see. It's way cooler to be him.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clfrndrmng says -

Sorry you had a bummer of a b-day. If I can brighten you spirits, you know how to find me! Remember, Vermont is only a short hop away!!

11:47 AM  
Blogger lola h. said...

you know, just do what i do.

blame it on this flippin' TIME CHANGE.

it totally screws me up every single year. i'm f'ed up for a good week...

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home