Friday, February 25, 2005

I really shouldn't have

but i bought a big honkin TV last night.

Here's how the insurance has panned out so far. I picked up a check for about 1/10th of my total claim - the things that were TECHNICALLY mine in the fire. Oh, in case you didn't hear the audio posts, here's how it shook out.

The in-law apartment in which I was staying was illegal. The people who owned my cousin's house before she did built the apartment without pulling permits. It was not up to code (like the fact there was only one exit). When the fire happened, I got a phone call IN THE HOSPITAL to tell me that the story was going to have to be that I was JUST STAYING THERE for the holidays.

She submitted all of my apartment contents (furniture, electronics, etc) as hers, and only submitted my clothes and makesup as mine.

I got the check for the things that the insurance company knew were mine. Cuz said there is a hold up with the rest of the contents because the claim was more than they had initially estimated. So now I'm waiting for the rest.

I shouldn't really have replaced my tv, but I was getting absolutely SICK AND TIRED of watching a 13 inch woodgrain tv. The joke was "I HAVE DILDOS BIGGER THAN THAT TV!"

Anyway, i got this tv
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001YIA20/103-9126127-5020619 from BJ's with a stand for 949.00.
And, since i needed DVD player/speakers i got this http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11027711&whse=&topnav=&cat=2190&ec=BC-1482&pos=0 for 250.

I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Now lets just hope the other 20k actually makes it to me without my cousin screwing me!!!!

Finally a decent mood. What a little capitalism can do for ya!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the "I HAVE DILDOS BIGGER THAN THAT TV!" comment.

First, Does your Larger than television sized dildos come cable ready or does it need an antenna?

Second, Do you have a remote for said dildo?

4:46 PM  
Blogger erica looking said...

John,

You crack me up.
xoxox
e

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home